The Top Ten Things To Do In Barcelona.
Barcelona is a beautiful city full of art and Spanish history. If you’ve considered a trip to Europe, you’ve probably thought about visiting Barcelona.
Here are my top ten things to do in Barcelona. Let this be your easy roadmap to making it through the city.
1.Go to church. No really, like most European cities, Barcelona has tons of gorgeous old churches. Go check some of them out.
2. Speaking of churches - of course you’re gonna go to LaSagrada Familia, right? Buy tickets in advance, they sell out early. If you can’t get tickets while you are there, visiting Gaudi’s tomb is still pretty good. It’s right next to La Sagrada, you don’t need tickets and you can see similar architectural elements.
3. Since we’re talking about Gaudi, you really should go see something else he designed as well. There are a couple different options in Barcelona, This one is Casa Mila, which is just down Passeig de Gràcia from Casa Batlló, another Guadi designed building.
4. Definitely go to the Fundacio Joan Miro. Okay, I might be a little biased because Joan Miro is my favorite artist, but seeing his work in his hometown was really special. The Picasso Museum in Barcelona is great to visit as well, but I would definitely choose Miro over Picasso when ranking my fave Spanish painters. You do you.
5. Visit La Ciutadella Park, a 70-acre park that includes a city park and the Arc de Triomf pictured here.
6. Take a free walking tour of the Gothic Quarter. The tour guides are great about giving really detailed info about the neighborhood and also tips about the best places to eat and drink now.
7. Visit La Boqueria Market. It’s a public market that sells prepared and unprepared food. There’s an entrance right off La Rambla so it’s a great place to grab a break from your walk, enjoy the coolness of the market and grab some quick eats.
8. Check out their Metro system. It’s clean, efficient and will take you everywhere you want to go.
9. Get some seafood paella and cava sangria. Trust me, if you get the right one, it’ll be the best meal you eat in Barcelona. I had an amazing meal at El Pacifico in the cute seaside neighborhood of Barceloneta. Do not skip this step. Go here. Eat this. TRUST ME!
10. Walk all the way down La Rambla to the Cristopher Columbus statue by the water. La Rambla is a 1.2 km tree-lined street through the heart of the City.
11. (BONUS) Have seafood paella and cava sangria at El Pacifico. I’ll be so sad for you if you don’t. I’m so serious about this one, I had to add it twice.